Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biomedical Testing Equipment
<b><!--sizeo:5--><!--/sizeo-->Instron<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--></b>

http://www.instron.us/wa/applications/biom...al/default.aspx

<!--sizeo:4--><!--/sizeo--><b>Medical Devices Testing</b><!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Test solutions for Needle Insertion Force, Plunger Force, Stents, Bandages, Sutures, and other medical devices.

<i>Needle Insertion Force</i>
Solutions for needle insertion force measurement that reduce testing time in needle production and quality control processes

<i>Plunger Force for Needles and Syringes</i>
Solutions to ensure plunger force for needles and syringes are not too high or low

Stents
Tensile strength and strain testing solutions for stents

<i>Bandages</i>
Solutions for evaluating tensile strength and elongation of bandages

<i>Sutures</i>
Tensile strength and strain testing solutions for sutures

<i>Medical Gloves</i>
Testing solutions to determine the strength and elongation of medical glove material

<i>Laparoscopic Instruments</i>
Static, dynamic and simulation test solutions to ensure durability, reliability and integrity of instrument design

<i>Plate Fixation Devices</i>
Solutions to determine strength and stiffness, bending characteristics and the fatigue life of the device

<i>Angled Fixation Devices</i>
Solutions to determine strength and stiffness, compression characteristics and the fatigue life of the device

<i>Surgical Tubing, Fittings and Catheters</i>
Solutions to test the failure of the material, failure at joints and simulation of physiological parameters

<i>Medical Packaging</i>
Testing solutions to determine the tensile strength of adhesives used within packaging

<i>Breast Implants</i>
Solutions for compression-fatigue and impact resistance of the implant

<i>Blades and Protective Covers</i>
Test solutions for Blades and Protective Covers

<i>Disability Aids: Hip Protector</i>
Testing solutions for Hip Protectors

====================
<b><!--sizeo:4--><!--/sizeo-->Dental Testing<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--></b>
Advanced solutions for dental adhesion tensile testing, flexure testing of dental materials, and dental wear simulation.

Understanding the mechanisms of everyday processes, evaluating the mechanical and wear behavior of restorative materials and analyzing the durability of adhesives used in restorations, are important to the development of improved dental implants, devices, and care protocols. Instron®'s range of dental testing solutions encompasses these challenges, as well as others, to aid in the progression of these developments.

<i>Tensile and Shear Adhesion</i>
Test solution to determine the tensile and shear bond strength of dental adhesion

<i>Flexural Strength</i>
Solution for flexural testing of dental materials

<i>Wear Testing</i>
Solution for wear testing to ensure the longevity of dental restorative materials
===========
<!--sizeo:4--><!--/sizeo--><b>Orthopaedics Testing</b><!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Advanced solutions for hip, spine, and knee joint testing.

Instron®'s experience of orthopaedic testing is considerable: from basic static testing of raw materials, to impact loading of joint components, to complete simulation for evaluating the fatigue and wear properties in vivo. Through every phase of implant development, Instron's innovative Biopuls™ solutions meet a vast array of demands found within the orthopaedics field. Offerings include the unmatched Dual-Station™ strategy of simulator accessories that significantly reduces testing time when carrying out long-term wear and durability tests.

<i>Hip Testing</i>
Testing solutions for Hip Simulation, Modular Hip Implants, and Femoral Components

<i>Knee Testing</i>
Testing solutions for Tibial Trays, Knee Simulation, and Passive Stability

<i>Spine Testing</i>
Testing solutions for Spinal Constructs, Spine Simulation, and Intervertebral Disc Prostheses

===========
<!--sizeo:4--><!--/sizeo--><b>Biomechanics Testing</b><!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Test solutions for Biomechanics.

The study of biomechanics, a discipline that emerged through the fusion of engineering, materials science and medicine, seeks to understand the human body in motion. This knowledge is applied in clinical settings to help advance techniques in rehabilitation and physical therapy, as well as in the design and manufacture of prostheses and mobility aids. It is also employed in the development of athletic equipment to help prevent injury, improve safety and enhance athletic performance.

<i>Prosthetic Limbs</i>
Solutions to determine the strength and fatigue durability of the prostheses in order to prevent failure.

<i>Athletic Footwear</i>
Test solution to determine the visco-elastic behaviour of different areas of the sole.

<i>Protective Headgear</i>
Test solutions to determine the impact strength of the different components of a helmet.
======
<!--sizeo:4--><!--/sizeo--><b>Biomaterials Testing</b><!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Static, Torsion, Fatigue, and Planar Bi-axial test solutions for Biomaterials.

The relationship between a biomaterial's structure and its mechanical properties is assessed through mechanical testing and simulation. Instron's innovative Biopuls™ solutions provide the necessary versatility to ascertain the details of these complex relationships.

<i>Tissues: Low Force</i>
Solutions capable of low force measurements and small displacements for tension, compression, flexure and fatigue testing of soft tissues

<i>Soft Tissues: Uniaxial</i>
Test solutions to determine the properties of soft tissues

<i>Soft Tissues: Biaxial</i>
Test solutions to characterize the anisotropic properties of soft tissue and determine the stress-strain states accurate in vivo simulation

<i>Bone</i>
Solutions for tensile, compressive, indentation, flexure, and fatigue testing of bone
Biomedical Testing: Biomaterials Testing - Nickel Titanium (Nitinol)

<i>Nickel Titanium (Nitinol)</i>
Test solutions to determine the strength of nitinol wire

<i>Replacement Materials</i>
Solutions for the durability testing of replacement materials