Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hi there
Hello fellow biomaterials enthusiasts.

I am currently doing a PhD in biomaterials research and am up to my third year so almost completed what I have to do. Still a long thesis to write but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I have mainly been focusing on biocompatability of various alloys. i am always keen to learn more about this field. I just sort of fell into it. If you asked me ten years ago i probably would have said I would become a civil engineer but wow things do change.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello.

Its great that there is a biomaterials forum. It just needs a few more members! But anything good has to start somewhere. Keep up the good work glen and I will post a few of my thoughts and questions if that is OK..

Kindest of regards,

Michael [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img]
hi bioman!

and welcome to the forum. you are certainly very welcome to post questions/ideas.

i hope your thesis write up goes well. i know that can be the hardest part because several years have passed and you just want it all to be over! but hang in there because there are greener pastures ahead!

cheers, glen [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Thanks for the warm welcome glen,

I am really dreading writing up my final papers but at least I have a document layout prepared and I have generated a nice collection of images to include in the thesis.

I also intend to write a few journal articles in due course.

I will keep you all posted on how it goes. Thank you for the encouragement.

Regards, Michael