Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another new member
hello fellow biomaterialists!

i just stumbled across this site and am quite impressed that someone took the time to set up a biomaterials chat board.

the work I am currently involved in mostly relates to the development and improvement of bone cements.

i think the field is a fascinating one since it cuts across so many of the traditional boundaries of scientifc study.

i look forward to hearing about other people's work and perhaps I can learn a thing or two and share my experiences also.

have a bright and sunny day, [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

jenny
hi jenny,

welcome to the forum. i hope you enjoy your stay.

i look forward to hearing more about your research. do you have a medical, scientific or engineering background?

all the best, glen [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Hi Glen, I have a medical science/lab background. I had no previous knowledge of teeth but am learning a lot! It is a shame that we did not learn more about dental sciences in university. We did spend a lot of time on bones and other aspects of anatomy though. i am learning a lot now about materials science since we need to do various tests on teeth such as nanoidentation and XRD.

thank you for the warm welcome, jenny :}
hi jenny,

i would like to hear more about your experiences with nanoidentation. Its a technique I am not very familiar with. XRD is fun!

Cheers, Glen [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]