Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yet another new member (YANM)
Hello to everyone in this biomaterials chat board;

A colleague of mine just told me about this site and I am very excited to see that finally there is an online community for biomat chat.

A little about myself, I am based in Virginia. And my research relates primarily to the development of tissue engineering scaffolds. We are using various fibres of very fine diameter to develop lattices upon which we can grow various tissues. It is an amazing area of work and it seems that new developments are occurring on a weekly basis. I am doing a PhD on the topic and am also going to be presenting some of my recent papers at a few upcoming conferences in the USA and Canada.

I hope I can make a positive contribution to this site and I hope that I can learn a lot too.

Gordon {{{{{
hi Gordon, welcome to the forum.

i look forward to hearing about your research. have the titles for your research papers been released? feel free to post the articles here if you have the copyright privileges etc. or perhaps just the Abstracts.

cheers, glen [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
hi metallica,

you might be interested to read a recent article in <b>nanotoday</b> (see page 15, May 2006, VOLUME 1, NUMBER 2). the article was called <b>"Nanofiber scaffold repairs brain tissue".</b>

Basically it says that researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, University of Hong Kong, and the Fourth Military Medical University, Xian, China have developed a scaffolding technique that can assist brain tissue regrowth.

They are using a <i>"highly hydrated nanofiber scaffold, formed spontaneously from peptides, to create an environment conducive to axon regeneration."</i>

Sounds promising. Hope this helps you in your studies.

Dinesh